Monday, June 8, 2009

Cool Weather
















I suppose it makes sense that fincas would bloom, but I guess I never thought about it until the one in the container in our front yard did! Beneath the flower are volunteer violas. That container should be absolutely gorgeous by the end of the summer. I decided to take my containers into the garage last fall to see which plants I could salvage to this year. It's turned out to be a success! On the right is the first bloom of the peony I planted last year. Another peony bush is about to bloom as well, but it's been cool for June this year. Below, is another iris, this time from my back yard.

The Challenges:

Sock-related:
52 Pair Plunge III, Limenviolet Sock Marathon, The Great Sock Off. Here's my second pair of socks for the 52 Pair Plunge and the month of June for The Great Sock Off of 2009. This pair brings me over my goal of 3 miles on the Limenviolet Sock Marathan at 3.13 miles. I'll continue to burn through my stash for that challenge until the bitter end on August 1. Orange Monkey Socks, using Cookie A's pattern are on slate for Pair #3.

Book-related: 52 Books in 52 Weeks/Book 28: The Loop Group, by Larry McMurtry. Quirky, sexy, funny, sad and disappointing - not one of McMurtry's best.

No comments: