Thursday, August 13, 2009

Finally! The Reason I Have Problems With Math

Last time I talked about how 3 = 1 by plying three single strands into one yarn. This week I've taken the one yarn and made it into two socks at the same time. Therefore, 3 = 1 = 2. Anyone that has known me for any length of time knows about my aversion to math and that I have knit forever. Particularly disturbing to anyone that enjoys working with numbers is my argument that it's illogical and my demonstration above and last time only goes to show that it is illogical or it's an explanation as to why I have problems with math. These socks are now finished and are from my hand spun. I have lots of yarn left over, so I'm sure you'll be seeing it in other garments in the coming months. This is Pair #15 in the 52 Pair Plunge.

Off the Needles: Also, off the needles is Pair #14 my Bubble Socks, which was my stealth project from last week.

On the Needles: I'm working on a pair of cropped socks from leftover yarn. This pair will be Pair #15. It just dawned on my that I am more than a quarter done with this challenge.

On the Carder: I haven't mentioned Pokey, the alpaca fleece for a while. I'm finally to the point it's not behaving like linguine noodles and expanding each time I take more out of the bag - I can finally see an end to the process. It's still a ways down the road, but there is an end. I have decided that Pokey should blend fleeces from Abbie, Black Ear and Patches' Boy, some of our local sheep. The finished garment should be worn by someone on the red carpet, so when they're asked, "Who are you wearing?", they can say Pokey, Abbie, Black Ear and Patches' Boy. Yeah, right.

52 Books in 52 Weeks: I have been reading The Piano Teacher and Buffalo for the Broken Heart. If I'd concentrated on one, I might have one finished - but no. So stay tuned.

1 comment:

mrae said...

Beautiful socks!! You are a very talented lady!!