Friday, January 8, 2010

"Snow" the Other Four-Letter "S" Word

We have snow - lots of it. I'm tired of it. It's cold, too. I'm tired of that as well. After that depressing note, let's go on to the fun stuff. If anything, this weather has given me plenty of time to knit.

Off the Needles: Pair No. 32 of the 52 Pair Plunge III is yet another pair of Dead Simple Lace Socks, designed by Wendy Johnson (aka WendyKnits) our of her Socks From the Toe Up book. I altered the pattern significantly to make a much smaller size than her smallest size - so these fit very nicely. The yarn is Festivus from Tempted which arrived as part of her sock club.

Moebius Scarf is being blocked as I write. It turned out a little narrower than I hoped; but I am very pleased with how my hand-spun looks in it. Hopefully, I'll have photos next time.

On the Needles: I'm still plugging along on Herbivore. I hope to have it finished by next week.

As one might well imagine, I have Pair No. 33 of the 52 Pair Plunge III on the needles. I just turned the heel, going toe-up, 2-at-a-time. I'm using Trekking, one of my favorite commercial sock yarns.

On the Wheel: I'm finishing up on a two-ply superwash and I'm hackling (is that a word) some of my hand-painted roving for an article on using a diz and hackle in the preparation of worsted yarn (as opposed to woolen yarn). If you're confused, I'll post the link when it is "on the net".

No comments: