Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Friday Night Knitting Club, by Kate Jacobs

I just finished reading The Friday Night Knitting Club. I found it hard to believe this was the author's first novel. It is a finely crafted story revolving around the members of a knitting club in New York. While the main character, Georgia, the owner of the shop, is the star of book, I found myself wanting to know more about the other characters who attend the club. I hope that's a sign there may be a sequel to the book.

The Friday Night Knitting Club is a departure for me in my quest to read for pleasure. I generally read non-fiction, particularly history, or mysteries. When I purchased the book, I hoped it was a mystery, but no matter - it was still an excellent read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book and I must admit that since starting knitting 2 years ago I have gone from a reader of at least 2 books a week to just knitting magazines.
I couln't put this down and cried for ages at the end.