Friday, April 25, 2008

Monster Sweater

I call this my monster sweater after the Monster Sock Group on Ravelry (no, it's not a monster to make). I used my leftover sock yarn - so I have a pair of socks that goes with each of the colors in the sweater. Once I completed it, I thought I would have space in my sock yarn tub, but I swear sock yarn is like linguini noodles - the more you use the more it seems to grow!

I finished the sweater around the first of the year and wore it once. It was a little long from the shoulder to the armpit. Usually, I have the opposite problem. I discovered I wasn't wearing it as much as I thought I would and decided it was because of the extra length. Recently, I frogged back to the where I connected the body of the sweater with the sleeves and re-knit. I'm much happier with it now.

The bottom of the sleeves and the body have cabled ribbing. After I re-knit the top, I added about a 1/2-inch of 2/2 ribbing to the bottom of the cabled ribbing. This has helped the bottom from rolling up. I've never had that happen with a cabled rib before, but it may be because I staggered the cables.

No comments: