Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Belle Epoque Socks


When I saw the pattern for these socks in "2-at-a-time Socks" by Melissa Morgan-Oakes, I knew I had to try them. I don't buy a lot of solid-colored sock yarn and this pattern would be completely lost on the multi-colored yarn I usually chose. While light blue is not exactly my color, it was on sale at my local yarn store and I figured that these socks would at least go with jeans.
The picot edging on the top (you can barely see it in the photo) is what initially caught my eye. It was super easy to do and a nice departure from ribbing at the top. The cable is not really a cable and the pattern is so much fun, these socks go by in no time. I am really sold by the "2-at-a-time" method. At first, it seemed like it took forever to get a pair done, but not anymore. Plus, I really like that both socks match.

No comments: