Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's Been a Christmas!


After my last blog entry, I had to rush down to Phoenix because my step-father was not doing well (he seems to be better now) and my mother was overwhelmed. It was a bad week to be gone, weather-wise, and I had some real concerns about getting back in time for some work commitments just prior to Christmas - but I made it. Unfortunately, my oldest cat, Hans, was not pleased that I left and gave me the cold shoulder upon my return. He can never keep it up long, because all I have to do is come close and he starts to purr!


For the first time in my life, my mother did not make me guess what she wanted for Christmas! She has a couple feather pillows which my grandmother made for her. I wove covers for them soon after I graduated from college and they had finally worn away (gives you an idea how long I've been out!) I only had a few weeks, but I made these out of Sugar n' Cream and included a zipper so she can wash and dry them. I used a pattern from one of the Harmony Guides for the pillow on the left and the cable one is from the new issue of Cast On. I sized them for my grandmother's pillows as "standard size" was not part of her vocabulary! (At least the pillows were both the same size.) Anyway, my mother was pleased with her presents.
Here's the scarf I made for my son out of the yarn Hans enjoyed a few entries ago. I wish the cable pattern showed up better. It was my first foray into Reversible Cables and I used the Palindrome pattern available at:







No comments: