Monday, December 15, 2008

Rescue Chair Update


The cold weather has limited the amount of time I can work on my chair - but I've still been working on it - slow, but sure. I'm down to the last coat of paint in most places and down to the wood in others - like the seat. What has bothered me about the chair is that while it's as sturdy as the Rock of Gibraltor, it looks like it leans. I couldn't figure it out. At least I couldn't figure it out until I got most of the finish off the seat. The seat is not symetrical! So it's part of it's charm and it's not structural. I was very concerned that I would get to the last coat of paint on the chair back and see glimpses of rosemaling, but no, it's just wood. I'm may give up and get it dipped or have the rest of the finish stripped professionally since I'm kind of an instant gratification kind of person.

No comments: