Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cabled Socks


After using the patterns of others and finding them way too big, even though my gauge is correct, I went back to using my own patterns. This is a cabled sock that I've made a number of times before, but this time I knit it toe-up. I'm very pleased with the fit. Also, it's made of Trekking XXL fingering-weight yarn, which is one of my favorites. This pair counted as my April socks for the Great Sock Off of 2009, as well as for the Limenviolet Sock Yarn Marathon. I'm now up to 2.29 miles of sock yarn used since February 1.

I haven't finished a book this week for 52 Books in 52 Weeks, although I'm close!

I'm continuing to work on the Pokey fluff, the alpaca fleece I purchased at North Country Fiber Fair. It's like linguine - the more I card, the more there seems to be in the bag!

Right now, I'm working on a pair of socks in the Strip Tease colorway from Tempted at 3AM yarns. I am using the pattern that came with the sock yarn, but I've made some significant revisions so that the socks won't end up too big.

1 comment:

Ida said...

I love the socks! Are you making your sock pattern available for sale?