Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'd Like to Thank . . .


I'd like to thank everyone that responded to my plea for help in deciding on a color for my rescue chair. As you can see, red clearly won out. It has now been renamed "My Little Red Chair." Quite by chance, the chair matches the chair pad I wove and felted a few years ago. I am very pleased with it, and most importantly, I can now spin without back pain.

I'd like to thank Coca-Cola Bottling for producing Diet Coke and whoever makes Aspercreme. Odd combination, isn't it? Every few months I get hit with a sinus/migraine-type headache of epic proportions and it happened this week. I've used Diet Coke for years for settling the stomach part of that situation, but when my migraine medication wasn't quite taking care of the pain - I got the crazy notion of using Aspercreme on my nose and under my eyes - just over the sinuses. Well, if necessity is the mother of invention, desperation is the father. It took enough of the edge off the pain to let the pain medication kick in. I'm not sure I'd be up to writing this tonight without those two products.

I'd like to thank the Monday Night Sock Knitters for convincing me that this yarn wasn't ugly and that it would make a great pair of socks - they were right. This is my second contribution for May in the Great Sock Off of 2009. It also brings me closer to my goal in the Limenviolet Sock Yarn Marathon - both on Ravelry. I have now knitted 2.83 miles of sock yarn since February. Incidentally, the sock yarn is Paton's Kroy in the mulberry colorway. For a very inexpensive yarn, it was nice knitting - a little splitty at times. These were knit two-at-a-time toe up.

I'd like to thank my friend Carla for finding the Lorna's Laces sock yarn in the pink and blue colorway ON SALE and then de-stashing it to me! (I really envy Carla for her ability to periodically de-stash - she calls it purging.) After playing with some colorwork sweater patterns, I got tired of fighting the pooling. It's self-striping yarn, I just needed to let it self-stripe. We're both much happier now with the yarn as a striped scarf. I am well into my second ball in the photograph. The scarf is knit in the round and is a great project to take to guild meetings because there's nothing to keep track of and the ball of yarn drops into the center of the scarf.

Last of all, I'd Like to Thank Hans and Greta for sleeping during the day so they can play with me when I should be reading for my 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge.

No comments: