Sunday, May 24, 2009

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?


After telling myself for weeks - NO MORE CHALLENGES! - I signed up for another - perhaps the most challenging of all, the 52 Pair Plunge III Challenge on Ravelry. Starting 00:00 06/01/09 I will be making one pair of socks per week for the next 52 weeks. Thank God I have small feet! I could make baby socks, but no babies and Hans the cat won't wear them even to be polite. Fortunately, works in progress count so I'm slowing down on the toe up "Dead Simple Lace Socks" (see photo) from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy D. Johnson. Incidentally, if you're interested in knitting toe-up socks, this is a great, well-written book. I highly recommend it! The yarn is the Viola colorway from my etsy site - it's sold out now, but there's more coming on this week.

The Sock Scarf is still in progress and is a great project for taking to meetings.

Work continues on my other challenges, but with nothing finished for this week on the knitting challenges, there is no increase in mileage or socks for the month of May. Nevertheless, I did finish another book . . .

52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge/Book 24: The Cream Puff Murder, by Joanne Fluke. After the powerful ending of Loving Frank, I needed something a little lighter. I found it in the cozy mystery by Joanne Fluke. In the newest of the Hannah Swensen mysteries, Hannah neds to solve the mystery of the murder of the least-liked woman in town - at least by the other women. What is always fun about Fluke's mysteries, is that there is a sub-mystery. In this case, it involves what happens Moishe, the cat's food. He has an automatic feeder and the food is always gone, but he's not gaining any weight (I wish I had that problem!). Hannah is also on a diet to lose weight to fit into the regency-style dress for her mother's book party.

No comments: