Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. It's right up there with Valentine's Day. I'm not sure why, because neither holiday was particularly important in our house growing up. Perhaps, it's because they're both low stress holidays for me - no big holiday dinners, no long list of presents to find, and I can wear what I want! So have a great one! I'm stocked up on candy, even though I'm not much of a candy person. But I figure most of it will go either from people stopping in the Center on Saturday or the Saturday night tricks n' treaters.
Off the needles: Pair No. 22 in the 52 Pair Plunge III/Amethyst Cable Socks. These are made from my Big Foot sock yarn in the Amethyst colorway. I'm switching to children's socks while a work to get a head of the curve in "the Plunge." Here's Pair No. 23 from some scrap sock yarn:


On the Needles: Pair No. 24 of Plunge Socks. Another pair of childrens' socks in more scrap yarn. Photo next time!

52 Books in 52 Weeks/Book 45: The Blueberry Muffin Murders, by Joanne Fluke. This is one of the earlier ones in the series so it filled me in a little bit more on the background of the characters. Fluke does a wonderful job of carrying a number of sub-plots along and tying everything together at the end. This one is about the murder of a TV cook/personality who is murdered in Hannah's pantry after eating one of Hannah's blueberry muffins.

No comments: