Sunday, November 15, 2009

Taupe is the Color of My Life


Labyrinth Socks
Originally uploaded by bruggerknits
Taupe seems to be the color of my life, whether I want it to or not. This pair of socks is a prime example. Incidentally, this pair is Pair No. 27 in the 52 Pair Plunge III. The pattern is Labyrinth, designed by Wendy Johnson (aka Wendy Knits) and the yarn is Luxe Grrl by Tempted in the BonJour colorway. These are sport-weight, so are a bit heavier than I usually make/wear.

But it's the color that's important. I got this yarn as part of the Tempted at 3am Sock Club. I groaned when I saw the colorway. Because like it or not taupe is the color of my life. This taupe, mixed with a little pink, immediately brought me back to the bathroom of the house I grew up in. Even the fixtures were taupe (as was the outside of the house). As you can see from the photo the walls of our current house is a little different shade of taupe (as is, again, the outside of the house). Every house, with the exception of one, has either been taupe or was painted taupe after we lived there. Currently, our entire house is taupe. It was that way when we bought it. One would think I really liked taupe, but I don't.

Incidentally, great pattern, I made it a bit smaller than the women's small and great yarn. I usually don't use sport-weight for socks, but the cashmere in this yarn will make it all worthwhile.

No comments: