Monday, March 29, 2010

Good-bye Plurk - It Was Fun While It Lasted

After a couple long bike rides and a couple long walks and a sort of sleepless night, I have decided to de-Plurk for good. Apparently, by saying I was disappointed in a pattern on Ravelry, I have offended not only the designer, but just about every person I've friended or has friended me on Plurk. I deliberately did not mention anything about my disappointment in this particular pattern on Plurk, because I had done so on the designer's board on Ravelry. I expected some ganging up on her board, but felt it was important that she knew her error cost me a significant amount of time I really don't have right now. Then last night, she brought the matter to Plurk. I read her thread and the responses of those who felt I and others who expressed their disappointment (and some frustration) in the error were just unfair and horrible people. I'm not. I have the same right to express my opinion as anyone else. Since I can't do it on Plurk and I can't do it on Ravelry, I will do it here.

For those of you who still want to be my friend, some of you have my e-mail, if you don't, PM me on Ravelry (mightymite) or DM me on Twitter (sheepishfibers). I'd love to to know what you're up to, what you're stitchin' and how life is treating you. If you don't want to - it's been fun and have a great life. But please understand - I am disappointed. This morning, in far more ways than I was when I posted about my disappointment on Ravelry.

3 comments:

Nan said...

I heard that there was something going on, but no details and didn't know it was you. So sorry that it happened. I'd like to hear from you if you would like. You can get my e-mail from my blog profile here or send me a private message on Rav (I'm just Nan there) or Plurk before you go.

Again, I'm sorry that you've been made to feel so bad. If it is any consolation, someone put a plurk out asking everyone to not make comments and inflame the situation.

Liz said...

For the record, I think people should be allowed to share their disappointment if they want, it doesn't make you a bad person because you aren't in the majority.
I think designers/dyers/etc need to remember that sometimes people aren't going to be happy, and they need to just accept it and move on.
And the whole "mob mentality" with these issues is just crap

Ida said...

Part of being a professional designer, and if you're selling patterns, you're a pro, is to provide the best product you can. Error free as much as possible. You must also be able to take criticism. I feel you've don't nothing wrong and am very sorry you feel the need to leave Plurk. I do understand, though. It's our loss.