Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still Here!

It's hard to believe it's been almost a month since I blogged. A lot has happened and a lot didn't happen, like this blog. I think I finally have things back in control at least for the next few minutes!
I've continued knitting and am slowly getting to see the light in the 52 Pair Plunge. I am currently working on Pair No. 40 and since I'm running low on sock yarn, I'm doing quite a few baby-sized socks . But before we get into that, let me show you what I have accomplished:


The green neon pair is Pair No. 37 and are made from a dyed sock blank. They're also cabled - not that you can tell. I enjoy wearing cabled socks because they hug my feet. This pair will never get lost under a bed. I haven't check, but I think they may glow in the dark. The next two pair are Nos. 38 & 39 are are made from leftovers. The pink and blue are Lorna's Laces and the multi-colored ones are from Nashua and I recently made an adult pair out of the same yarn.

I have completed Clue #3 in the Evenstar mystery shawl. I understand there is a total of seven clues. The next one will not be out until Friday. So, for my stay-at-home knitting, I'm working on a Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair sweater in black. This is one of my own patterns and people have repeatedly requested it. I'm finally getting it down to written form.

While I don't have the size stash that many knitters have, I still have been limiting my buying this year. I'm not on a yarn fast, but I am on a yarn diet of sorts. I really want to get a lot of what I have used before purchasing anything else. I'm committed to getting my stash to fit on the two shelves (okay, they wrap around three walls) in the laundry room.

No comments: