Sunday, March 15, 2009

Parting Ways Socks

I just finished a pair of Parting Ways Socks (pattern by Jackie Erickson Schweitzer at www.heartstringsfiberarts.com) using Regia Stretch fingering weight yarn. I found the pattern on sale at Hobby Lobby some time ago and just never put sock yarn and pattern together. Most of my sock yarn is variegated or hand-painted. I'm not sure this pattern would look right using that kind of yarn.

The design elements on this sock are intriguing. The pseudo-cable frames the heel on both sides and the purl one (p1) that separates the instep from the bottom of the heel continues to the tip of the toe. They're both very minor elements, but they give this pair of socks some extra pizazz.

This sock counts towards the Limenviolet Sock Yarn Marathon for 270 yards, for a marathon total of 2085 yards or 1 mile, 325 yards. It also counts as a second March sock for The Great Sock Off of 2009 Marathon.

I've just casted-on for a fingering weight sweater in Brown Sheep Wildfoote in a gorgeous purple tweed yarn. This sweater also allowed me to try out my new Sweater Wizard, that customizing a pattern using my gauge and the elements I choose for the sweater.

52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge/Book 14: Metro Girl, by Janet Evanovich. This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for some time and this challenge has given me the opportunity to get it read. I love Evanovich's gregarious characters and the ones in this book are no different. The story revolves around a claims adjuster who goes to Florida in search of her brother after she receives a mysterious phone call from him in the middle of the night that ends with a woman screaming and the going dead. Like most Evanovich's books, this one is fast-paced and a quick read.

No comments: