Sunday, July 12, 2009

Juggling

There are times I feel like I'm juggling lit torches and this was one of those weeks. I don't think I was really any busier than usual, it just seemed like it. As I start the new week, my desk seems a bit more orderly than it usual does at this time of the week, so perhaps the extra scramble during the week was worth it.

On the Needles: Nanner Socks by Wendy D. Johnson (Wendy Knits). I'm just starting so the my yellow socks look like what one of my good friends calls my bikini top! I'm using some of my own yarn - Sheepish Fibers Big Foot in the Lemon Drop Colorway. I'm sure to have some left over, even if I make the socks extra long, as I like them.

Also, on the needles, I've continued with my big black and teal bag which is shown in last week's entry. I hope to have that completed this week. So hopefully, next week at this time, it will be all felted up and ready to use!

Off the needles: I finished the Knotty or Knice Socks which I started last week. The yarn is from Fleece Artist and it's in wonderful pastel shades of green, lavender and blue. These are a little shorter than I usually make, but the pattern was so complex, I really just wanted to be done!

On the Spindle: I'm still working on the Tour de Fleece with the Ember colorway of my superwash roving. Bobbin 1 is completed and I'm well on my way to completing Bobbin 2.

52 Books in 52 Weeks/Book 31: Catnap, by Carole Nelson Douglas. This is the first entry into the Midnight Louie series, one of my favorites. Douglas lands us right into the middle of Temple and Louie's lives, so there could always be a prequel! Midnight Louie and Temple meet at the American Booksellers Association convention in Las Vegas. They encounter a body and find the catnapped Baker & Taylor Scottish-fold cats. There's always a lot of action in the Midnight Louie series and this first one set the pace.

Out in the Garden: I have plenty of weeding to keep up on, but the lilies are coming in. I tend to buy perennials at the end of the season, so sometimes, I'm not really sure what is going to bloom the next summer. The pink and whites ones were a complete, and very pleasant surprise!

Other projects are limping along. I haven't forgotten about the Pokey fleece or the Bug Jar Quilt. The quilt I'm still hoping to finish quilting this month. I'm also still listening to A Widow for One Year, that may be completed this week - hopefully - as long as I'm not juggling again this week!

No comments: