Friday, November 7, 2008

Wool Kitty




Here's the yarn I spun from Sally Sue, who belongs to a friend about 75 miles north of where I live. The fleece was just beautiful and just about spun itself. Since it had a bit more suint than I like to knit with, I washed it in Dawn before setting the twist. The photo to the right shows what happened to the yarn after the twist was set. I hung it over a chair before winding it. Neither of my cats was particularly interested in it up to that point. As I walked into a nearby room, I caught both of them heading to the chair with the yarn. I heard their chatter and thought they were getting ready to play - wrong! When I walked back into the room, Hans was all rolled up in the skeins and making little noises. Greta, his partner in crime, was watching from a safe distance with a look on her face like she couldn't believe that's why he wanted her help getting the skeins down.

No comments: