Saturday, February 21, 2009

Misti Alpaca - Part II


I finished the Misti Alpaca sweater last night and here it is drying. The color is a little washed out from the previous photo. The earlier photo shows the correct colorway - the flash went off in this one and seemed to wash out some of the color. On the whole, I am pleased with it. It only took 3 skeins of the Misti Alpaca fingering/sock weight. The label gives the impression that it is machine washable. Fortunately, I read a post which stated it felts if machine washed, so I guess I'll be washing this by hand!

The 1300+ yards goes against my 12-3/4 miles of sock yarn in the Limenviolet Sock Yarn Marathon.

52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge/Book 9: For some odd reason, I enjoy reading holiday books out of season. Further, it doesn't seem to matter which holiday. A Highland Christmas, by M.C. Beaton is one the entries in the Hamish Macbeth series. I enjoy Hamish Macbeth's pragmatism and he doesn't lose it during the Christmas season either. He is not a perfect character, however, which makes him all the more likeable. It ends on a happy note for all concerned.

No comments: