Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pomatomus Done!

They're done! I feel like I've written so much about them already that there's not much else to say. While I enjoyed making them, I'm not sure if I will make them again. There's so many great sock patterns out there, I feel the need to try others before coming back to these.

52 Books in 52 Weeks/Book 6: First Eagle, by Tony Hillerman. Fortunately, listening to audio books counts in this challenge and since it's a long way out to Pierre, South Dakota and a long way back, I was thrilled I could listen to a great audio book and have it count towards the challenge as well.

I really thought I had read this one because I have it in hardcover, but I don't think so. In this one, Acting Lieutenant Jim Chee and retired Lieutenant Joe Leaphorn solve two murders which revolve around a strain of antibiotic-resistant bubonic plague. Not only was this a great story, but I learned a lot more about bubonic plague than I ever wanted.

1 comment:

Susan/Sheepish Hand Knits & Fibers said...

The Pomatomus Socks are my February Sock-Off Socks!