Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Great Sock Off of 2009


My plan was to hang on to my sock yarn for the Limenviolet Sock Marathon starting February 1, but then I saw the sign-up on Ravelry for The Great Sock Off of 2009. I couldn't resist. It involves making one pair of socks a month for 2009. I also needed a project I could carry with me. So the the LnV Marathon is going to be down about a quarter mile for January. My socks for the Great Sock Off will count starting in February.
This pair uses the Ragtime colorway of Brown Sheep Wildfoote sock yarn. It's beautiful. This is my own pattern that I'm writing up. This is the toe-up version. I've a done a couple cuff down before.
52 Books in 52 Weeks: Book 2 - Cat in a Midnight Choir, by Carole Douglas Nelson. This series features Midnight Louie, a black cat PI in Las Vegas - very entertaining and a great read.

No comments: