Saturday, January 17, 2009

The January Sock Off Sock is Done


I finished my socks for January for the Sock Off 2009 Marathon. Of course, this means my mileage is now about 12 1/2 miles of sock/fingering weight yarn. I figure I'll still have enough for the six months of the Limenviolet Marathon which starts February 1. After February 1, the socks I make in for the Sock Off Marathon will also count against my mileage goal for the Limenviolet Marathon. I'm very happy with these socks. I discovered a pattern stitch that really shows off the handpainted sock yarn. I'll have to write that pattern up and post it on my website.
Book 3 for the 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge is: A Deadly Yarn, by Maggie Sefton. I've read most of this series and the storylines are interesting but I can't get excited about the main character, Kelly. The best part of the book are the recipes for one of my favorite dishes - Chilis Rellenos.

No comments: