Monday, January 5, 2009

The Purple Yarn



Shortly before Christmas, I purchased some purplish roving on eBay. At first, I thought I would barber-pole ply it with black. After spinning the first bobbin, I knew that was not the right thing to do. I purchased a pound (and for some odd reason, most sellers include the weight of the plastic in the measurement). I have about a 1000 yards of 21 wpi, 2-ply light fingering weight yarn. I hoped for lace weight, but as you can tell from wpi, it is a tad heavy for lace weight. Even so, I think it will make wonderful lace.

I've signed up for a couple of challenges on Ravelry this year: 52 Books in 52 Weeks and the Limenviolet Sock Marathon. I will be posting my progress in both on this blog. One involves books read and the other sock yarn knitted. I leave it to you, which is which.

Book 1 for Week 1 of the 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge is: Rumpole and the Reign of Terror, by John Mortimer. I can't read a Rumpole novel or story without picturing Leo McKern as Rumpole. This Rumpole, like most, is a good read.

1 comment:

Kari Gibson said...

It is lovely yarn and will knit into beautiful lace, I am sure!